Black Swan Arts Open 2019 - Terms & Conditions of Entry
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline.
- Entries are only considered complete once the submission fee has been paid in full.
- All artworks submitted must be for sale.
- Upon successful submission, the artist agrees that images supplied can be used by the Black Swan Arts in promotional material and if necessary, the artist will supply high resolution images (above 3MB and below 5MB) of selected artworks for use in printed and electronic media and press releases. The artist agrees for these images to be reduced, enlarged or slightly cropped to suit promotional purposes if required.
- Artists need to provide an artist’s statement.
- All artworks shown in the images submitted must be original (i.e. not reproduction prints which are made to accurately reproduce an already created original image). They must be made and designed by the artist (who is also the named person on the submission form) and available for the exhibition. If the work is framed, please include this in the photograph. If it is not yet framed please describe how it is to be framed.
- There is a maximum floor space for 3-dimensional work (e.g. sculpture) of 1m x 1m. For 2-dimensional work (e.g. paintings) size limits are 2m x 2m.
- Black Swan Arts will not accept any substitute artworks. If these terms are not met, Black Swan Arts retain the right to disqualify submissions without refunding the submitter.
- Fees are £15 per work entered. Maximum number of entries is four. If your artwork is not selected for display in the exhibition the entry fee WILL NOT be refunded.
- A jury panel of judges will select artworks for the exhibition. After the exhibition is hung they will choose the final winners for the prizes. The judges’ decisions are final.
- Notification of selection: by end September.
- Successful applicants must deliver selected artworks to: Long Gallery, Black Swan Arts, 2 Bridge St, Frome, BA11 1BB on the dates specified.
- Each piece of work must be well presented and securely ‘hang ready’ on wire. If the work is particularly heavy, use mirror plates. If, when the work arrives it is not deemed to be appropriately hung, we will ask the artist to re-present it.
- Black Swan Arts reserves the right to select artwork and not hang in the exhibition, with no explanation given.
- Art deposited at the Gallery must be unwrapped by the artist/deliverer and the wrapping taken away with them.
- The Judges will select the winners on the afternoon of Thursday 17 October.
- Prize-winners will be told by phone or e-mail by 4pm on the same afternoon that prize winners are selected. Please make yourself available to attend the Launch Evening and Prize-giving at 6pm on Thursday 17 October.
- The Judges and sponsors decisions are final.
- The confirmed prizes can be found on the competition details page.
- Collection of (unsold) artworks on the dates specified. If you are not able to collect the work you can arrange for a courier to collect on the dates specified. Black Swan Arts will not arrange your courier.
- Black Swan Arts will dispose of any artwork not collected within two weeks of the last collection date. Any work which is not collected by Tuesday 3 December, the Black Swan Arts reserves the right to sell or dispose of the piece/s with proceeds going to the Black Swan Arts.
- Black Swan Arts will not pay any return postage costs. Transport and delivery of artworks and any associated costs are dealt with by the artist.
- Work to be posted should be supplied in appropriate packaging, which will be re-used with a return address label provided by the artist.
- Black Swan Arts will not insure any artworks delivered against loss, theft, malicious, accidental or environmental damage while it is in transit or in another’s custody. After successful delivery to the gallery and until collection by the artist or designated representative, all items exhibited are fully insured for the duration.
- The gallery will promote the exhibition within its programme of events via the website: www.blackswanarts.org.uk; e-newsletters; Social media; monthly entries in appropriate listings magazines; press releases to local media and by posters throughout the building and other relevant sites.
- Black Swan Arts will take 35% commission on all works sold. Black Swan Arts will collect payment from the purchaser and remunerate the artist 65% of this value by BACS. Bank details will need to be provided by the artist upon request.
- Black Swan Arts will not share entrants’ personal information with third parties.
|Extended deadline for entries||20 September (midnight)|
|Email to entrants||End of September|
|Selected works to arrive on site||10-12 October, 11am-4pm
(artists must arrange delivery of their work)
|Judging and prizes||17 October, from 11am|
|Prizegiving||17 October, 6-7pm|
|Artists preview and presentation of prizes||17 October, from 7.30pm|
|Exhibition||18 October – 16 November|
|Close the Show Party||16 November, 3-5pm|
|Collecting your work||16 November, 3-5pm or 17-18 November, 10am-4pm
Couriers should be booked to pick up work 18 and 19 November
Download as PDF