Black Swan Arts Young Open 2019 - Terms & Conditions of Entry
- All entries must be the young person’s own work.
- Entrants must be between 8 and 19 years old on the date of the competition closing.
- Entries must be completed by the exhibition closing date. We cannot accept partially complete entries or those completed after the deadline.
- Individual entrants can submit up to 4 pieces of work - view prices.
- Group/school entries should be completed by the school, college or education provider and should be submitted in accordance with the pricing brackets specified in the guidelines.
- The judges will make the final decision about which artworks will be displayed in the exhibition.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Artwork must be delivered to and collected from, the gallery on the dates listed below. Black Swan Arts will dispose of any artwork not collected by Friday 10 May. Black Swan Arts will not pay any return postage costs.
- If your artwork is not displayed in the exhibition, the entry fee WILL NOT be refunded.
- Artists with work selected for the exhibition will be told by phone or e-mail by the deadline specified below.
- Prize winners will be selected from the following 3 age categories
- 8 years – 11 years
- 12 years – 15 years
- 16 years – 19 years
- Overall prize winners will be informed by the date specified below
- Winners within 12-15 year and 16-19 categories will receive a one-to-one workshop with a professional artist.
- Winners within the 8-11 category will receive vouchers from either Postscript or Studio Prints.
- Visitors to the exhibition will be able to vote for the People’s Choice Award and will be entered into the Prize Draw.
- If you are happy
foryour artwork to be sold, please tell us the selling price. Black Swan Arts will take 20% in commission.
- Black Swan Arts will be entitled to publish an image of or make use of any piece of work entered into the competition free of charge.
- Although every care will be taken, Black Swan Arts cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any artwork. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
Important dates to remember
|Online entry open:||Thursday 13 December 2018|
|Competition closing date:||Midnight 22 February 2019|
|Notification of successful entry:||Friday 15 March 2019|
|Delivery of artwork to Main Gallery:
On any of these dates
|Thursday 21 March 2019 1-5pm
Friday 22 March 2019 1-5pm
Saturday 23 March 2019 10am – 4pm
|Judging of artwork:||Thursday 28 March 2019|
|Prize winners informed:||Midday, Friday 29 March 2019|
|Exhibition Opening:||Midday, Saturday 30 March 2019|
|People’s Choice Award announced:||Friday 26 April 2019|
|Exhibition closes:||3.00pm Saturday 27 April 2019|
|Collection of artwork:
On any of these dates
|Sunday 28 April 2019, 10am-4pm
Monday 29 April 2019 1-5pm
Tuesday 30 April 2019, 1-5pm
Download as PDF