Stage 1, online application
- Create an account or login to your existing account – you can request your password if you can’t remember it
- ‘Registration details’ – fill in your personal/contact details
- ‘Entry details’ – add information about your current application, including artist’s statement
- ‘Artwork registration’ – upload up to 6 high-quality images:
- recommended 300 dpi – maximum 1 MB per image
- jpg/jpeg format
- give each image a filename of ‘lastname-firstname-title’ with words separated by hyphens
- ‘Finish’ – complete you application by paying the application fee (via PayPal)
Do NOT send any additional materials unless specifically asked to do so by the Black Swan Guild selection panel.
The Black Swan Guild selection panel will assess the work online for artists to progress to stage 2. All applicants will receive an email notifying them if they have been selected for stage 2 or if they are unsuccessful at this time.
Those successful at stage 1 will need to bring work to the Round Tower Gallery at Black Swan Arts for consideration by the current Guild members. The following rules must be met:
- work presented at stage 2 must have been submitted at stage 1, substitutions cannot be made
- work should be delivered in a form that represents how it would be presented for exhibition or sale and must be clearly and securely labelled
If these terms are not met, Black Swan Arts retains the right to disqualify the application without refunding the submitter.
All applicants will receive an email notifying them if they have been successful or unsuccessful. The decision of the selection panel is final and we cannot give individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.